NewSpace India Limited
The NewSpace India Limited, a subsidiary company under the Department of Space will own and operate capital intensive space assets of ISRO as part of the space reforms process initiated in June last year.
It is in advance stage of discussion with the Department of Space to take ownership of two new communication satellites for commercial purpose.
The transponders on these satellites will be leased to the private companies with DTH and Broadband services.
The company is in talks with five private Industries to manufacture under license five Polar Satellite Launch Vehicles.
- ISRO formed the NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), a public sector undertaking (PSU), in 2019.
- It aims to commercially exploit the research and development work of the space agency, co-produce PSLV and launch satellites through SSLVs.
- ISRO has formed the NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), a public sector undertaking (PSU) that will commercially exploit the research and development work of the space agency, co-produce PSLV and launch satellites through SSLVs.
- The new company will also look after the productionisation and marketing of space-based products and services.
- Antrix Ltd is another PSU under the Department of Space that acts as a commercial arm of ISRO.
A mosquito protein, called AEG12, strongly inhibits the family of viruses that cause yellow fever, dengue, West Nile, and Zika, and also weakly inhibits coronaviruses, according to scientists at the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) and their collaborators.
The researchers found that AEG12 works by destabilising the viral envelope, breaking its protective covering.
The protein does not affect viruses that do not have an envelope.
The findings could lead to therapeutics against viruses that affect millions of people around the world.
While the researchers demonstrated that AEG12 was most effective against flaviviruses — the family of viruses to which Zika, West Nile, and others belong — they felt it is possible AEG12 could be effective against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes Covid-19.