National GIS-Enabled Land Bank System
- Government has integrated Industrial Information System (IIS) portal with the GIS System of six States in first phase to provide updates on land availability and plot level information to investors anywhere in the world on real time basis and help them make informed decisions.
- For the development of National Land Bank, Government intends to solicit the details of industrial land with plot level information, connectivity thereto, basic facilities, other facilities available and contact details of authorities/developer of the park.
- Jharkhand is one of the eight states in the second phase of integration of state land bank/GIS systems with the IIS portal.
- The state has uploaded land data manually on the portal in the past.
This information was given by the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal, in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha on September 23.
National Tribal Research Institute (NTRI)
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs intends to establish a National Tribal Research Institute (NTRI) at Delhi to act as body of knowledge & research and as a think tank for tribal development.
- However, no proposal for collaboration with NGOs is under consideration of the Ministry.
- The NTRI envisages to serve the purpose of mentoring and hand holding support to Tribal Research Institutes (TRIs) located in various States, and to ensure quality and uniformity in research works, evaluation studies, training, awareness generation among tribals, showcasing of rich tribal heritage including languages, habitats and cultivation and production practices such as cloth weaving etc.
- NTRI may also house auditorium for national level conferences.
This information was given by Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda in a written reply in Rajya Sabha on September 22.
Government To Set Up Neutrino Observatory In The Country
- Union Minister of State Dr Jitendra Singh on September 21 said in a written reply in Lok Sabha that Government has a proposal to set up Neutrino Observatory in the country.
- India based Neutrino observatory (INO) will observe neutrinos produced in the atmosphere of the Earth.
- This observation will tell us more about the properties of neutrino particles, whose main source is the Sun and the Earth’s atmosphere.
- The neutrino detector will be a magnetized iron calorimeter, which will be the heaviest one made by any country.
- The site identified is in Bodi West Hills, in Theni district, Tamil Nadu.
Setting Up Of Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- Finance Minister announced on May 15, 2000, a Rs 1 lakh crore Agri Infrastructure Fund for farm-gate infrastructure for farmers.
- Accordingly, Central Sector Scheme of Financing Facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund was approved by Cabinet on 08.07.2020.
- The scheme shall provide a medium – long term debt financing facility for investment in viable projects for post-harvest management Infrastructure and community farming assets through interest subvention and financial support. The duration of the Scheme shall be from FY2020 to FY2029 (10 years).
This information was given in a written reply by the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar in Rajya Sabha on September 18.