PM calls for cross-utilization of research and institutionalization of innovation
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has termed research an eternal enterprise like the human soul. He said that the government is working towards the twin objectives of cross-utilisation of research and Institutionalizing innovation. The Prime Minister was speaking on the occasion of National Metrology Conclave 2021 where he dedicated National Atomic Timescale and Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya Pranali to the Nation and laid the foundation stone of National Environmental Standards Laboratory today through video conference.
- The Prime Minister illustrated how any small research can change the face of the world by giving the example of electricity that runs everything today, whether it is transportation, communication, industry or everyday life.
- Similarly, invention like semi-conductor has enriched our life with digital revolution. Many such possibilities are before our young researchers, who will pave for a totally different future with their research and inventions, the Prime Minister said.
- The Prime Minister also listed out efforts to create a future-ready eco-system.
- India has broken into the top 50 of the Global Innovation Ranking.
- India ranks 3rd in peer reviewed science and engineering publications which shows an emphasis on basic research.
- Collaboration between Industry and institutions is being strengthened.
- All the big companies of the world are establishing their research facilities in India.
- In recent years, the number of such facilities have increased significantly.
National Metrology Conclave
The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi delivered inaugural address at the National Metrology Conclave 2021.
- He dedicated National Atomic Timescale and Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya Pranali to the Nation and laid the Foundation Stone of National Environmental Standards Laboratory today through a video conference.
- The Conclave was organised by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL), New Delhi, on its 75th year of inception.
- The theme of the conclave is ‘Metrology for the Inclusive Growth of the Nation’.
- The Prime Minister remarked that as India’s timekeeper CSIR-NPL also has the responsibility to change the future of India.
- The Prime Minister said Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya dedicated to the nation today, would help the industry to make quality products in sectors like Heavy metals, Pesticides, Pharma and Textiles by drafting a ‘Certified Reference Material System’.
- The Prime Minister expressed happiness over CSIR-NPL National Atomic Timescale which he dedicated to humanity today.
- He said that India has become self-reliant in measuring the time within the range of a nano second. Achieving the accuracy level of 2.8 Nano Second is a huge capability in itself.
- Now Indian Standard Time is matching the International Standard Time with the accuracy range of less than 3 nano second.
40th Indian scientific expedition to Antarctica launched